SUMMER IN THE SOUTH
Queenstown Adventure Guide Program
Join us in the ultimate outdoor classroom for personal growth and a heap of fun as you explore the awe-inspiring mountains, lakes and rivers of Queenstown!
Spend this summer in the South Island of New Zealand, gaining confidence to navigate, hike or climb in the outdoors. You’ll even walk away with Pre Hospital Emergency Care First Aid and Swift Water Rescue training and certifications.
- Six week adventure training and qualification program.
- All technical equipment, program related transport & travel.
- Qualified & experienced technical instructors.
- Two weeks hiking and two weeks rock climbing
- Five day Pre-hospital Emergency Care first aid training and qualification.
- Two day Swift Water Level 1 Rescue training and certificate.
- Modules on guiding and leadership skills, critical incident management & technical skills.
Want to get a better feel for the program? Watch the highlight video below or check out the gallery from recent programs...
While this is an Adventure Guide program, it's not all about the outdoors and outdoor pursuits. There will be sightseeing and touring; personal development; community and social events; free time and plenty of opportunity for exploration.
Whether you are looking for a glimpse into what the Adventure tourism industry could offer, or just an awesome educational opportunity to live in one of the most amazing places on earth, this program is an epic, constructive, and rewarding way to spend summer in New Zealand!
A diverse and exciting program designed to keep everyone interested and busy throughout their stay, balancing plenty of action, learning, social and free time.
WEEK 1: ORIENTATION
WEEKS 2 - 4: HIKING AND CLIMBING + PHEC FIRST AID TRAINING
WEEKS 5 - 6: Advanced Hiking & CLimbing + SWIFT WATER RESCUE Training
Each week will include*
- 5 days of Technical Training
- 1 day of Self-Directed Learning
- 1 day for Admin or as Free Day
*The order of days will change each week and as your training progresses. This is simply a general outline.